Anyone else a little bit of a makeup junkie? It's not that I have a problem or anything...ok maybe I do. I just love playing with all the products and trying out new things to see what works. That's probably why I'm VIB Rouge at Sephora. Anyways, the annual sale at Sephora is coming up on November 6-9 where all VIB Rouge members get 20% off ANYTHING at Sephora with code 'Rouge20'. The best part is you can use the coupon as many times as you'd like within the windows, so you can place a few orders if you're not quite sure what you want right away. Things do sell out fast, so it's important to make your wishlist ahead of time! VIB members will get 20% off from November 13-16 with code "VIB20".
Whether you're shopping the sale or not, it's always fun to get some new makeup! I put together a listing of my personal wishlist for the sale (can I have it all?) and my favorite products from Sephora that I highly recommend!
1. Dior Perfume in Blooming Bouquet. I tried this on in the store and it was super light, floral, and an all around pretty everyday scent. I think it'd be great to wear to work because its high quality but not overwhelming.
2. Hourglass Palette - This ambient lighting palette features three shades: Dim Light, Incandescent Light, and Radiant Light. The Dim Light powder is a perfect all-over face blur to set your foundation. Incandescent light is a nice highlighter for your cheekbones and t-zone, and the radiant light can work as a brozner to add a little color to your cheeks. I had the makeup artist at Sephora apply this to my face and my skin looked glowing and perfect for hours!
3. Shimmer Skin Perfecter - After reading Grace's review on the liquid version of my favorite highlighting powder I decided I want to try this for myself. I love the creamy look of liquid products and I think this would be nice to have in my arsenal when I want that dewey look (which I usually do). I tried it on at the store by applying a drop on my hand and it worked well with just a tiny drop, so I think I'll get the travel size since a little goes a long way.
4. Cover FX Drops - I also tried these at the store this weekend and love them already! I got a sample and I plan on using them this week to confirm my decision to buy. These drops are highly pigmented color that you can add to a primer or moisturizer to create a foundation with custom coverage. I added two drops to my Laura Mercier Radiance Skin Primer and loved the light coverage and dewey look it gave me. You could add 3-4 drops for a higher level of coverage if needed. You can even apply them directly to your skin to use as a spot concealer for breakouts. I love how versatile the drops are and can't wait to own the full-size for myself.
5. Origins Face Mask - My friend Catharine introduced me to this Origins Face Mask with Rose Clay when we were at national training for our work in Illinois last month. This mask left my skin feeling so clean and fresh, and it's a great price point for a mask, only $25 for a full size! Catharine recommends doing this mask weekly followed by this intensive overnight moisture mask for really clean, moisturized, refreshed skin. This sounds like the TLC my skin needs for the upcoming winter months.
6. Dior Lipstick - This Dior lipstick its a beautiful, natural color which moisturizes my lips and lasts for a surprisingly long amount of time. I love the pretty, pink sheen and I think this would the perfect time to splurge since I can get it for 20% off.
7. Hourglass Blush - I've been wanting to try the Hourglass blushes for awhile, and I recently tried the Mood Exposure shade and love it. It's different than any of the shades I currently own, its kind of a plum shade but trust me it looks good one. I think that's as good a reason as any to add it to my collection.
8. Eyeshadow - I'd like to get a Buxom customizable palette, with this shade especially. Although this shade might look a little scary for everyday wear, my friend Amy turned me on to a little trick for people with blue eyes. If you take a little bit of an orangey eyeshadow and put it in your crease it makes blue eyes really pop (since they are complimentary colors). Nothing is better than having your eyes pop, so I think I need to add this shade to my collection. I've swatched the Buxom shadows a couple of times and they seem to be really high quality and well pigmented, so the custom palette of 6 shades for $40 is really a great deal (especially for 20% off).
9. Peony Night Mask - I have a couple of small acne marks left on my face from my teenage years and I'd like to work on lightening them up. I tried a sample of this mask last summer and I did notice some progress after using it religiously for awhile. I didn't purchase yet because of the $65 price tag, but this could be the time.
10. Liquid Eyeliner - Mostly I just need a new liquid eyeliner and I've heard really great things about this Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner. Anyone tried this? I usually use the Stila Liquid eyeliner, and while I like it, I'm always down to try new things.
1. Living Proof Shampoo - I love this stuff. It's formulated without parabens and sulfate, which is so important whether you have color-treated hair or not. I wash my hair every other day usually, and I find this doesn't try it out and leaves it feeling clean and smooth.
2. Bumble & Bumble Conditioner - The Hairdresser's Oil Bumble & Bumble conditioner is soooo good. I know it's a little pricey, but it leaves my hair feeling so moiturized and seems to erase all the years of heat damage I've inflicted upon it. If you use heat styling products and find you have dry hair with split ends, this stuff is for you. It works so well that I actually only use it every other time I wash my hair to avoid my hair being over-conditioned. I usually use this conditioner the other times.
3. Becca Blush - I love Becca products. This blush is no exception. I used to swear by NARS Orgasm blush (I still like it, and use it occasionally). But then at the suggestion of my friend Amy I deciced to try Flowerchild by Becca about a year ago. I have not really looked back. It lasts so long and is the perfect peachy-pink color. I added the "Gypsy" shade to my collection in April and thought it was the perfect ballerina pink shade, which looks so good with a little tan (which I do not have anymore, le sigh). NARS fans looking to try something new, look no further!
4. Chanel Perfume - This is my go-to scent. It is expensive, but the perfume is so high-quality and lasts so long I think it's worth it. I love the Eau Fraiche scent the most of the collection, but Eau Tendre is also a great scent. If you want a classic, everyday scent I highly recommend. I am always buying new perfumes to try, but I always have to have this one in my collection or I feel like I'm missing something!
5. Supergoop CC Cream - This wonderful CC cream by Supergoop was my go-to this past summer. The shade self-adjusts when you first apply, so give it a couple of minutes before applying a setting powder or any other makeup. It has SPF 30 which is great for your skin and provides nice, lightweight coverage.
6. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray - I love using this in my hair in the summer for that beachy-wave look. I spray a little in my damp hair and then braid my hair while it dries. When I unbraid my hair I have the perfect beachy waves. I sometimes will even spray some on my already dry wavy hair and tousle it to freshen the waves up.
7. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer - This stuff is a life saver. Gone are the days of painstakingly applying my eyeshadow (lol ok, at least putting on my eyeshadow) and just having it wear off during the day. I apply this to my eyelids before putting on eyeshadow, and everything just stays put until I remove it at night. Definitely worth it so your look lasts longer than a few hours.
8. Becca Illuminator Powder - I know the moonstone illuminator is on my wishlist in liquid form, but I also love this product in the powder form. I just dust a little on my upper cheekbones with a fan brush and it gives me a glowing effect that makes me look more awake than I actually am.
9. Bare Minerals Stroke of Light - Do you have under eye circles? Then you probably need this. The trick is this uses light reflectors to bounce light off the bottom of your eyes and make you look bright-eyed and bushy tailed. I always apply a little in the morning before work so that I can look a little more alert than I really am (read: I am not a morning person) but this little wand makes me look like I am.
10. Angled Blush Brush - I love this brush for applying my blush every morning. The angle on the brush makes it perfect for accenting my cheekbones and making them look higher and sharper. It's also a great price point for a high quality brush.
Some honorable mentions of other products I love? This lipgloss in 'Rouge Ciel', this brow pencil, this facial cleanser, this heat protecter, and this khol eyeliner.
Are you going to be shopping the sale? Even if you aren't what are some of your favorite beauty buys? Have you tried any of these products, I'd love to hear feedback!